The 2018 Mental Wealth Festival
Join us for this year's Mental Wealth Festival – a two day festival of talks, debates and workshops. We will provide access across the community to share knowledge and good practice to focus on mental health and wellbeing. This year we will celebrate many aspects of life including personal development, home, work and the community that all contribute to people's mental wellbeing.
This year’s festival spans two days, Monday 10th September coinciding with World Suicide Prevention Day and Tuesday 11th September.
Day one: Monday 10 September 2018 - Buy your ticket here
Day one takes place at City Lit focussing on mental health and the workplace and continues in the evening at the Houses of Parliament for a debate and discussion on Suicide Prevention.
Day two: Tuesday 11 September 2018 - Buy your ticket here
Takes place at the National Gallery and the focus will be on mental health at home and within communities. There will be an emphasis on connecting the Gallery’s spaces and collection with events that inspire a sense of purpose and positive social empathy. This will conclude with an in conversation event at the National Gallery with Grayson Perry CBE.
This year’s theme focuses on solutions for personal development and communities:
- Energy and wellbeing (how to improve through workshops, experiential learning, talks, immersive events via arts, science, nature, and holistic solutions)
- Inspirational speakers (personal stories)
- Recovery (mental health awareness, coping with pressure and stress)
- Suicide Prevention (awareness, strategies)
Keynote speakers include:
- Geoff McDonald (former Global VP for Unilever, and Mental Health Campaigner)
- Chris Underhill MBE (Global Social Entrepreneur working with marginalised people)
- Artist Grayson Perry CBE